We gotta admit, there are tons of health advocates out there with their own version of a popular dish. But no one, and we mean no one does it like Andrea from @earthyandy. Not only are her recipes refreshing, filling, and so delicious, but they’re just as pretty to look at. She is so innovative with her (mostly vegan) recipes but you’ll never miss out on an ounce of nutrition or flavor. So, thank you endlessly Andrea for this ono-licious treat. Let’s just get to the point here, because we are salivating!
Here is her recipe for our favorite Thai Spring Rolls:
recipe by: Earthy Andy
- 8 Rice paper wrappers
- A few torn leafy greens ( butter lettuce, soft lettuce is great)
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1/4 of small Red Cabbage
- A handful of fresh Mint or Thai Basil
- 1 Avocado
- A couple Green Onions
- 1 Mango
- Crushed Peanuts for topping
- Slice ALL ingredients necessary into thin strips about 3 inches long.
- Slice the avocado and mango into pieces.
- Soak one rice paper wrapper at a time into a bowl of warm water for about 15-30 seconds.
- Put rice paper on a counter or cutting board
- Arrange a few of the vegetables and herbs in the center of the wrapper horizontally, starting with the leafy greens and ending with the avocado and mango.
- Wrap like a burrito fold top over and push ingredients back and then the left and right sides towards the middle.
- Fold over, tuck and roll delicately but firmly! (If your first ones fall apart.. it still tastes good so no losses! 🙂 )
- Cut the rolls in half if you want to enjoy its beauty and place on a serving platter.
Drizzle or dip in your choice of sauce or wrap individually and store in an air tight container for later!
Perfect for Summer,