We’ve seen tons and tons of these buddha power bowls on pinterest and couldn’t help but salivate! They look like a piece of art in food form! but don’t be fooled, buddha bowls are much easier to make than they look. It’s all about layering and you can make these out of just about anything! Add and subtract your favorite veggies and protein, here is our version. Enjoy
- 1/2 cup of steamed rice
- 1 cup of raw kale
- 1/2 cup of raw spinach
- 1/2 cup of chicken ( tofu substitute)
- 2 TBSP adobo sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup of carrots
- 1/2 cup zuchini shredded and flash fried
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 fresh lime
- handful of bean sprouts
- In a bowl, lay down your steamed white rice. If you are going low carb you can omit the rice completely or swap out the rice for some cooked quinoa.
- Next add in those leafy greens. Today we are using a combination of raw tuscan kale and spinach.
- Shred up some zucChini in a 'zoodler' or cheese shredder, same with the carrots. Add those in.
- Fry up YOUR CHOICE OF PROTEIN (CHICKEN/TOFU) and once cooked on one side, flip and cover in adobo sauce and honey. Wait until chicken is fully cooked. (the same process can be USED ON tofu!)
- Top with any sorts of garnish; sliced avocado, bean sprouts, bell pepper, or black beans.